Rachel Winkler of the Marion County Civil Sheriff’s Office recently circulated an email to the local foreclosure community of lawyers, investors and bidders about some immediate changes to the local sheriff’s sale rules and procedures. Since the Office wants to spread the word to future participants in the mortgage foreclosure sale process, consider this a public service announcement.
Below is a verbatim copy of her email, and I’ve provided links to the various .pdf’s and the home page:
We want to include all because the adjustments we are working on and toward affect all.
Some highlights of these adjustments to our process are:
Interest will now come from Attorneys; please consider including these on the added cost sheet.
Plaintiff Bid Forms; Treasurer’s Tax Clearance Forms; Removal Letters; Assignment of Judgment/Bids and Added Costs Sheets are due no later 3:00 p.m. two business days prior to the respective sale date.
Cost checks for User Fees, Sheriff’s fees and Publication Fees (including Sheriff’s File Number on checks) are also due and requested no later 3:00 p.m. two business days prior to the respective sale date.
Cost checks will now be cashed and applied as part of the Sheriff Sale process. Please be sure to consider these costs as part of the minimum bid amount and Plaintiff’s written bid as applicable.
Attorneys are responsible for preparing all Sheriff’s Deeds, Clerk Returns and Sales Disclosure Forms for all sales including third party purchases.
All information is included in the document called Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Rules Requirements for Plaintiffs.Attorneys.Revised 05.04.2018.
Bidders, please come with document Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Sales Disclosure Information.Revised 05.4.2018 already prepared for each property you plan to purchase. If the property is sold to you, please submit the corresponding document at the completion of the oral auction.
Please visit our website: http://www.indy.gov/eGov/County/MCSD/Services/RealEstate/Pages/home.aspx
Please direct your questions, comments and concerns to myself, Rachel.Winkler@indy.gov 317-327-2420 and Lori, Lori.Wyeth@indy.gov 317-327-2405.
More to follow…
Marion County Sheriff's Office
Judicial Enforcement Division
200 E. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Office – (317) 327-2420
Fax – (317) 327-2465
Here are the other .pdf’s that Ms. Winker attached to her email:
- Cost sheet sample: Sample of Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Costs Sheet with Star
- Sale dates: Marion County Sheriff's Sale.2018 Real Estate Sales Dates.Revised
- Bid form: Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Bid Form.Revised
- Bidder SDF: Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Sales Disclosure Information.Revised
- Bidder instructions: Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Instructions to Bidders.Revised
- Assignment: Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Assignment of Judgement-Bid.Revised
- Cost sheet form: Excel Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Costs Sheet with Star.
- Attorney rules: Marion County Sheriff's Sale Real Estate Rules Requirements for Plaintiffs.Attorneys.Revised